August 17, 2014

Whole Brain Teaching for the Art Teacher

I have been using some whole brain teaching strategies for a few years now.

I do it because IT WORKS! It's exhausting, you'll see why in a second, but isn't correcting bad behaviors even more exhausting? Whole Brain Teaching does the job of getting kids engaged, keeping them on task, and setting clear expectations.

If you want to try it out this year, here's the first step, set clear rules:) Then you say them, everyday, your kids repeat them, you use funny voices when it starts to get boring, use hand gestures to help memorize them, yeah I told you it's not easy, but it works.

To get started here are the rules (I added the famous art.) Feel free to use these signs,  I'm not sure about the copyright for educational purposes.










No comments: