April 23, 2014

An Art Teacher's Vacation

One of the coolest parts about being an art teacher is Spring Break!

I decided instead of spring cleaning (which is what I normally do) YAWN, we were going to go to NASHVILLE! My two brothers moved there and let me tell you, after this last trip to Nashville, I think the rest of the country has moved there too! I haven't been in a few years and it is booming. I mean it is BOOMING. I won't be surprised if next time I visit, the seedy outskirts turn into little hip Brooklyn-like neighborhoods. As usual the best parts of our Nashville were the friends, family and music. 

Do you know this CHICK? I found her at the FROYO place:)
Cassie Stephens, my sis-in-law Kelly and I got some awesome Sweet Cece's froyo and talked a little shop.
I wore the paint palette hair clip that Cassie made for my daughter Stella for the rest of the night. . .
When one guy asked me if I was an art teacher I couldn't resist asking "are you clairvoyant?!!!"

Cassie's palette clips could easily be the symbol for art teachers everywhere:)
I'm still waiting to be the first customer at her ETSY store
and I'll be the crazy lady yelling  "I knew her when!!!"  she gets her own TARGET line.

PS: Cassie has no plans of selling these on ETSY but maybe if we beg?

Here are the highlights of this art teacher's Spring Break.

Nana's Birthday with all of her Grandangels:)


A much needed night out on the town!
Maybe two towns:)

playing, snuggling, pretending, dancing

My FAVORITE part of Nashville.
The LIBRARY.

I'm a dork. 







1 comment:

cassie stephens said...

Yay!! It was so fun to meet/see you! I hope we do it again soon. I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time on your spring break. You spent it well...and I love that you asked dude if he was clairvoyant (sp??) soooo funny!!